World-class Real Madrid star reacts to blockbuster Chelsea, Liverpool rumours by making ‘title’ admission
A dominant Real Madrid star has responded to suggestions he might head to the Premier League this summer, with Chelsea and Liverpool supposedly interested in him.
There have already been some big changes at Madrid this summer. Karim Benzema has decided against extending his contract with the club and has instead joined Saudi Arabian outfit Al Ittihad on a lucrative two-year deal, which includes the option of a further year.
This has put Madrid in the market for a new centre-forward. They have looked into signing Harry Kane from Tottenham but have decided the Englishman will be too expensive.
Inter star Lautaro Martinez and rising Borussia Dortmund attacker Karim Adeyemi have both been linked with Los Blancos, but they are more likely to pursue Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe.
Madrid president Florentino Perez was planning to move for Mbappe in summer 2024, having been snubbed by the Frenchman last year. But Perez appears set to move his plans forward by 12 months after Mbappe announced he would not be extending his contract in the French capital.
Spanish winger Marco Asensio will head in the opposite direction as he is poised to join PSG on a free transfer following the expiry of his Madrid terms. Meanwhile, Madrid have won the race for Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham by capturing him for an initial £88m.
READ MORE: Next Chelsea striker: Approach for long-term target imminent after 28-goal ace says yes to Stamford Bridge move
Surprisingly, fellow midfielder Federico Valverde has been tipped to leave the Spanish giants. On June 9, Spanish outlet Defensa Central sensationally claimed Chelsea were preparing to bid £112m for Valverde.
And on Thursday, other reports emerging from the country suggested Madrid would sell Valverde to Liverpool if the Reds submitted an £85.5m offer.
Federico Valverde plays down transfer links
But the Uruguayan has attempted to end such speculation. While speaking to ESPN Argentina recently, he was asked about the reported interest from Chelsea. Valverde responded (as translated by Fabrizio Romano): “No, no… I’m at Madrid, trying to enjoy every moment and leave my mark on the best club in the world.
“I wanna keep winning titles for Real Madrid fans.”
This is not the first time Valverde has spoken out amid links with a Premier League switch. In March, when Manchester United were being backed to sign him in an incredible swoop, the all-action midfielder said: “If they want me out of Real Madrid… they will have to kill me.”
It seems Valverde will be staying at Madrid for several more years before he even considers a transfer away from the club.
The 24-year-old is hoping to become one of Madrid’s main midfielders once Toni Kroos and Luka Modric retire. However, he will have to be at his best to achieve this amid competition for places from Aurelien Tchouameni, Eduardo Camavinga and new arrival Bellingham.
Meanwhile, a Bundesliga star has effectively told Liverpool to make their move for him after revealing he is ‘open’ to such a transfer.
The article World-class Real Madrid star reacts to blockbuster Chelsea, Liverpool rumours by making ‘title’ admission appeared first on Teamtalk.com.